As with skylights, Vidursolar double-glass PV modules are also strongly indicated for building translucent PV pergolas. The same safety requirements for overhead glazing as in skylights must be applied. An effect that is particularly appreciated in this application is the anti-glare character of the double-glass PV panels which makes the space below the pergola a pleasant meeting place in summer.
- Shapes: Any geometric form is possible to be produced (rectangular, triangular, trapezoidal or special irregular shapes).
- Size and thickness: Our photovoltaic glass modules are produced with size and thickness in order to suit any architectural specification for any individual project. Sizes up to 3.000 mm x 1.600 mm and up to 17,5 mm thickness are standard. Bigger sizes and thicknesses to be consulted.
- Double glazing: Photovoltaic double glazing units with insulation chambers of different sizes can be produced, with U-values down to 1,1 W/m2K.
- Coloured glass: A big variety of coloured glass finishes are available, directly applied to the rear glass or translucent with a coloured PVB-film interlayer.
- Type of photovoltaic cells: We have different technologies with different aesthetical finishes available. It is possible to choose among, monocrystalline, polycrystalline, also in a broad range of colours, but also perforated cells. On the other hand thin-film cells are available as opaque or semitransparent elements (10% or 20% or transparency).
- Transparency: The distance between photovoltaic cells is variable according to the degree of natural light transmission or solar protection required in each project.
- Electrical connections: Different electrical connection systems can be applied according to the specific project requirements, from junction boxes on the rear glass to edge terminals to be hidden in the support structure.
- Mechanical glass processing: Realisation of drillings, etc. for example necessary for point fixing of the PV glass modules. Also other mechanical treatments are possible under request, like notches and cut-outs.